Why Join Us?
We are First Scottish University Credit Union, a financial co-operative that puts its members at the heart of everything we do.
We are member-owned and volunteer-run, offering a local, friendly alternative to banks, building societies and high street lenders. Our members enjoy a simple, secure way to save through Payroll Deduction and access to affordable loans that suit their needs and budgets.
Why choose a Credit Union?
Credit Unions are for everyone. They provide a financial community based on a common bond that unifies its members. For us here at First Scottish, our common bond is employment within a Scottish-based university. There are no third-party shareholders within Credit Unions, meaning members see 100% of our profits as money is used to improve our products and services to you.
We help provide financial products to those who may struggle to get access to ordinary bank loans. Through saving and borrowing with us, we can help members improve their credit scores and make them eligible for more credit opportunities in future.
Thinking Of Becoming A Member?
If we haven’t convinced you to join us just yet, take a look at what membership with First Scottish could give you:
Just Some Of The Benefits To Membership
- Save as little or as much as you like through Payroll Deduction – it’s that easy!
- You can access your savings at any time through the Members’ Area. This allows you to withdraw and deposit money outside of your monthly payroll deduction.
- Interested in a loan? We charge a flat rate of interest to all our members, no matter what your credit history is – meaning you get the same deal as everyone else.
- If you take out a loan with us, part of your repayment is popped into your savings account each month, meaning you save money even as you repay your loan.
- Free life insurance on all loans.
- Leaving work? You can still continue your membership with us, including taking out loans.
- You can apply for a Top-Up Loan once half of your current loan has been paid off (exclusions apply).
- You can apply for up to 2 Top-Up Loans. After this, your original loan must be paid off completely before you apply again.